When employees feel good about themselves they do better. That includes their appearance. Improving employee performance with professional portraits links these two facts.
A professional photographer has helped me and my clients for more than fifteen years. He never ceases to amaze me. When he is done, his pictures help people feel better about themselves.
When it comes to truly special occasions, we do not cut and style our own hair. We do not clean our own clothes. We go to professionals. Having our professional portrait taken is special.
How Improving Employee Performance is Done This Way
Improving employee performance with professional portraits is an investment. Depending upon what is involved, you can expect to pay from $400 to $1,500. Even at the high end, if the pictures last five years, this is only about 80¢ a day, less than $25.00 a month.
A studio shoot can easily be forty-five minutes. Outdoor or location shoots will be closer to ninety minutes. Improving employee performance with professional portraits involve:
- Fine tuning the lighting as we all reflect light differently
- Finding the right pose as we all look best from a different angle
- Taking just a few initial pictures in different poses.
- Reviewing them to get feedback.
- Having found what will work best hone in and perfect it.
- Reviewing them with more feedback.
- Retaking and reviewing as needed.
How Professional Photographers Will Do This
I have learned too. People who take money for taking portraits are not always professionals. Professionals will:
- Pay great care to lighting as this is the key to a great portrait.
- Have invested in great lighting for their studios.
- Know how to offset almost any outdoor lighting problem.
- Coach you on clothing as it affects lighting and needs to fit you well.
- Work hard to find a pose that makes you look great.
- Take glare-free photographs even if you wear glasses or have shiny skin.
- Produce photographs that need almost no touch up.
- Make you feel at ease.
- Listen to your feedback about yourself and the shots.
- Leave you feeling good about the shoot.
Improving employee performance with professional portraits is a special experience. It develops employees’ self-image. They feel better about themselves. They have more confidence. They do better. They adapt to change better. Building company culture is easier.