Introverts and Extroverts as Builders of Our Lives
Too many times we focus only on the social differences between introverts and extroverts. This is simple and shallow. There are non-social differences. For instance, how do they differ as builders of our lives?
Both play key roles. Leave either group out. We lose. One adds to the other. Knowing how they differ as builders shows this.
Introverts and Extroverts
Holistic ways exist to show how introverts and extroverts differ. One is their energy sources. Extroverts get energy from outside. Introverts from inside.
People, things and ideas give extroverts energy. It is about what they allow extroverts to do. If they allow them success and enjoyment, they are positive sources of energy.
For introverts, it is how they see these aspects. It is about a statement. If they say something interesting or help them express themselves, they are good energy sources.
As Builders of Our Lives
When we apply this to being builders of our lives, extroverts and introverts differ in their work. For the first building expresses that they are here. For the second it expresses who they are.
Extroverts want to say, “I did that,” or “I was a part of that.” For introverts, “That is me,” or “I am in that,” are key. The first do not need to see themselves in what they build. Introverts do.
In this sense, extroverts are more pragmatic than introverts are. As one pop singer said, “There was never a plan beyond making songs that a lot of people might like.” Songs did not say anything about him or his views.
Introverts are deeper than extroverts are. Howard Roark, main character in Ann Rand’s, The Fountainhead, is a classic introvert. Buildings fit his view of good. They said something.
Extroverts are practical and shallow. Introverts deep and impractical. As builders of our lives, they team to build a world that is usefully interesting.
Introverts help extroverts build things that standout. They are unique. They do not just exist. Extroverts help introverts realize themselves. Things become real. They do not just exist inside us.
As a team they freshen our lives. It is not just another thing or idea. They build the world. They grow it. They change it. They show us the introvert and extrovert that live in each of us.
- Extroverts and Introverts Their Energy Sources
- Extroverts and Introverts Moods and Circumstances
- Introverts and Extroverts Working Together
- Introverts and Extroverts as Speakers
- How Introverted and Extroverted Car Drivers Differ
- Powerful Introverts and Extroverts and Their Effect on People
- Extroverts and Introverts Differences as Innovators
- Introverts and Extroverts as Builders of Our Lives
- How Extroverts And Introverts Are Different in Reacting To Change
- How Extroverted and Introverted Status Seekers Differ
- Distractions Working From Home, Differences For Extroverts Introverts
- Dealing with Fame, Extroverted And Introverted Differences